About This Item
vintage c. 1870’s magnificent cast iron interior capital section comprised of deep relief riveted acanthus leaves with intricate profile. the column captial was salvaged from the c.c.p. holden limestone building built in 1872. the building (extant) is located west of downtown chicago on madison street. the capitals were originally affixed to the top end of load bearing fluted cast iron columns located on the first floor of the building. measures 16 x 15 x 8 inches.