About This Item
exceptional all original and had to find historic a. finkl & sons single-sided cast iron early 20th century antique american industrial overhead crane plaques designed and fabricated by or for the morgan engineering company, allliance, ohio. the oversized long and narrow sign plaque with rounded corners was likely installed around 1916. the overhead crane was salvaged from one of the finkl foundry’s earliest machine shops constructed in 1916 by architect e.m. newman. the plaque was bolted against one of the crane’s riveted joint bridge girders. the historically important plaque has been stripped of numerous layers of yellow paint and brushed down to bare metal. an early diminutive yellow brass riveted inventory plaque is mounted on the bottom left corner. great overall condition with no breaks or cracks.