About This Item
original early 1900’s antique american flush mount single-sided die cut yellow brass metal “lavatory” sign fabricated by or for r.h. gardner & co., chicago, il. the oversized rectangular-shaped sign contains fanciful lightly engraved lettering with original baked black enameled inlay largely intact. the the bathroom door sign contains two opposed screw holes for mounting purposes. the surface patina or finish is mostly uniform throughout. the door plaque was salvaged from the chicago athletic club association building, designed by architect henry ives cobb in 1893. only one available. measures approximately 12 x 3 inches.