About This Item
original and completely intact c. 1920 flush mount single electric light ceiling medallion possibly fabricated by the guth lighting company, st. louis, mo. the finely cast ornamental cast bronze light fixture was salvaged from the extant noel state bank building, located in the wicker park neighborhood of chicago. the american neoclassical style bank building was designed and built by the architectural firm of weary & alford co., chicago, il., for joseph noel, who founded the north west savings bank in 1905. the neoclassical style flush mount fixture features a very striking and well-cast radial floral ornament in deep relief. the central region contains a porcelain socket for use with a standard bare bulb incandescent light source. the soft and subtle glow of an edison carbon filament gives added dimension to the ornament. nicely aged surface patina left untouched. measures 8 inches in diameter.